Forest Lane Dental Family + Kids & Adults | General Dentistry
Dentist Northwest Dallas
Forest Lane Dental Family + Kids & Adults
There are several advantages to laser dentistry, such as:
- Less bleeding
- Less damage to surrounding tissues
- Less pain, sometimes even eliminating the need for anesthesia
- Patients are less likely to require sutures
- Quicker healing and recovery time
- The laser sterilizes the area, making infections less likely
- The virtually silent laser tool allows for a more relaxed dental experience!
Laser dentistry can be a precise and effective way to perform many dental procedures. The potential for laser dentistry to improve dental procedures rests in the dentist’s ability to control power output and the duration of exposure on the tissue (whether gum or tooth structure), allowing for treatment of a highly specific area of focus without damaging surrounding tissues.
If you consider yourself somewhat of an anxious dental patient and are seeking extreme safety and comfort, you might consider looking for dentists who have incorporated laser dentistry techniques into their practices and treatments. It is estimated that 6 percent of general dentists own a laser for soft-tissue applications, with that number expected to increase over time.
Laser Dentistry Benefits!
- Procedures performed using soft tissue dental lasers may not require sutures (stitches).
- Certain laser dentistry procedures do not require anesthesia.
- Laser dentistry minimizes bleeding because the high-energy light beam aids in the clotting (coagulation) of exposed blood vessels, thus inhibiting blood loss.
- Bacterial infections are minimized because the high-energy beam sterilizes the area being worked on.
- Damage to surrounding tissue is minimized. Wounds heal faster and tissues can be regenerated.